Android: Camera View Shutter Button is Always Red / Never Turns Green
Why does Map View work if Camera View does not?
Android: Why is the shutter button always red / does not turn green?
The shutter button is red when the application is trying to find the compass heading (as described above). Not all devices are equipped with a compass. To check if your device is supported, click here.
If you have checked everything above and it seems like your device, settings, etc. should be compatible with Camera View, here are a few other things to try:
- Android Compass Calibration may improve accuracy
- Opt for the Use my Location search if Camera View fails
- Open a support ticket
If you experience an unexpected result, the following details will help us troubleshoot. Email email@example.com with the following info*
1) A Screenshot of the Camera View detail screen: Hit the “i” button in the lower left (this brings up compass and heading information)
2) Address of the property you attempted to identify
3) Approximate date/time of search
*Providing the details noted here is critical to troubleshooting.