If you are searching by “Use my Location” or “Camera View” and having trouble locating the property, you may need to calibrate your compass to achieve more accurate results.
Download one of the apps below and follow the instructions. You should re-Calibrate your compass periodically so it maintains an accurate heading.
- Download GPS Essentials from Google Play. (GPS Essentials is not affiliated with Red Shed Technology or PropertyForce)
- Make sure GPS is active on your device.
– When your GPS is active, a compass icon will appear in your device’s toolbar at the top of the screen.
– If your GPS is inactive, open a feature on the app such as “Camera View” or “Use my Location”
- Open the GPS app
- Tap on compass (calibration will not work when the compass is not showing)
- Put the phone on a flat surface with the display pointing up
- Move the phone slowly, 5 seconds per full rotation is ok
- Rotate the phone three full cycles around the axis pointing upward
- Rotate the phone three full cycles around the axis pointing away from you
- Rotate the phone three full cycles around the axis pointing right
- The direction of rotation doesn’t matter
- Download GPS Status from Google Play (GPS Status is not affiliated with Red Shed Technology or PropertyForce)
- Tap the top of the screen to open the app options
- Click the wrench icon
- Tap Compass Calibration
- Follow the on-screen directions:
Rotate your device 1-2 times around each of the three axes, then press ok.